2019 CMASA Conference excites delegates
We have three core CMASA initiatives that we have embarked on this year, which we believe fit perfectly into our conference theme of INNOVATION & INSPIRATION.
This was a focus of ours last year and we are amazed at the powerful data that is available now through these surveys, which provide key indicators to GM’s & CEO’s for better decision making.
To now have year on year comparisons is hugely beneficial to understanding the trends in our club operations.
Operational Survey is in progress and we will be sending out the final report end of September to our member clubs that participated.
We continue to provide a valuable recruitment service to members in finding suitable and strong candidates for positions within the clubs.
On the Legal front – we have kept our members up to date with latest legislation and how these may impact the club operation.
CMASA LEARNING PORTAL
This is going to revolutionise the way we offer training in our clubs. Launched 4 weeks ago and already we have 10 learners on the platform, and have received loads of interest from clubs. Staff can now LEARN-ON-THE-GO while at work with short, specific and measurable bursts of education, relating specifically to their environment.
THE PURPOSE OF DEVELOPING THIS PORTAL IS:
• To Create a user-friendly resource platform for growth specific to the needs of the club environment
• To allow for learning without the logistical challenge of getting all staff into a room at a given time
• To create individual accountability around learning. (Individual learning journey tracked through the system)
• To identify the individuals within the club environment who are serious about developing themselves and the club they work for
• 1 CPD point will be allocated for every module that is completed
• Practical and written assessments need to be completed to achieve competency
• Extremely AFFORDABLE for training that is accessible from any device, and specific to your requirements
• Custom modules can also be developed for your Specific club and staff requirements
• Communicating as a manager & leader
• Articulating expectations of your staff
• Coaching & mentoring individuals… and much more!
CMASA AWARDS – CLUB OF THE YEAR
Our new AWARDS process, which aligns with aiding our global affiliate partner in CMAA, in setting the standards of operation & delivery within clubs, helping member clubs to raise the bar in terms of delivery to their members and guests, and ultimately offering an experience that will be enjoyable and memorable, one which they will keep coming back for!
Our new awards recognise and acknowledge THE ENTIRE CLUB and its team of staff, rather than individuals.
We are aiming for • SERVICE EXCELLENCE • SKILLS TRANSFORMATION • OPERATING WITHIN IN GOOD CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND LIMITING RISK.
We are proud to announce that JONAS have committed again in sponsoring the main prize of R50 000, for the winning club to use to train their staff.
Clubs will be measured on these 7 pillars:
1. Benchmarking & Finance
3. Legal Compliance
4. Environmental Sustainability
6. Guest Experience and Member Satisfaction
7. Communication & Participation
Badges of Distinction will be awarded for the clubs that have excelled in one of the 7 pillars. Having a 2nd tier of acknowledgement will keep the clubs interested and hopefully invested in the process.
We also believe that allowing the members of participating clubs to give their feedback through a member survey, will be of great value, as it will once again speak to transparency, and invite the members to be part of the process.
Once your entry has been received, further details explaining all steps in the process will be provided. The evaluation process will more than likely take between 2 to 3 months as there are two parts, namely: Submission of documentation as required for the 7 pillars and completion of Mystery guest audit and member survey.
We believe that this new awards process meets the requirements of objectivity, independent and fair assessment and holds much credibility for all clubs to be measured against.
A Scorecard showing your results in each of the pillars will be available, this will allow for greater transparency on the process.
Entry deadline – 17th September For more info, please visit: sites.google.com/rcaconsult.co.za